Monday, March 19, 2007

Gym Rat Wannabe + Ipoh Mali

Dear body,

Remember this name .... Technogym .. for the next 3 months, yours truly would be really well acquainted with their machines.

Does anyone wanna work it ? ;-)

Check this song below .. nak dgr, pi sini ...

Ipoh Mali - Point Blanc with Jac Victor

(Intro)
Yo, this song’s close to the heart, it’s my hometown baby, representin’/Ipoh where you at?

(Chorus)
Ipohmali Ipoh Ipohmali/ I sing it loud and proud that’s who I be/
Cos’ small town dreams do come through/ so stand up and represent where you from too boo
Uh/ Ipohmali Ipoh Ipohmali/
I sing it loud and proud that’s who I be/
Cos’ small town dreams do come through so stand up and represent where you from too boo

(Verse 1)
Yo I was born and raised in a place/ where the hottest women come from /
Ipoh city/ that’s where I’ll always belong/ Don’t get me wrong yo/
I’m KL lite now/ Its just that my roots stay strong/
Growin’ up as a Ipoh chink kid representin’ it/ Ipoh Garden Eastside yo was the hood I was kickin’ it/
I grew up poor but I had the riches memories/ Wooley Food Centre rockin’ arcades religiously/ And after school/ me and my crew/ DFS would be-boy on the sidewalks in front of Fair Park shops/ And as my story drops/ I recollect I never had them fancy kicks, fancy clothes all I had was Hip Hop/
And peer pressure left me with a scar/cos' when kids were rockin’ Airwalks/I was rockin’ Bata/Back then/ I had nothin’ but a dream to be a rap star/
Now who would have thought this Ipoh chink would get this far?

Chorus 1x

(Verse 2)
Yo I’m a Ipohmali chinaman/ I represent/ small town kids havin’ big dreams so understand/ When I spit this rhyme yo’ I’m spittin’ it right/
My flows divine and miraculous givin’ the blind sight, haha
Back in the day circa ‘95/ In St. Michaels Church where I prayed for my life to get better/
So I can be mah’ family’s provider/ the answer/ was to audition for Poetic Ammunition’s replacement rapper/I dropped the beatbox blew Yogi B away/ got the record deal/ had a choice to make/ leave for KL or do I stay?/ Cos’ everybody sayin’ then bein’ a rapper don’t pay/ From Bingotown to Greentown I was strollin’/ contemplatin’ what mah’ life’s future would be holdin’/ Everybody I knew was all against it/ they said 16 yearold Ipoh kid will never make it/ But I/ persevered/ A boy with no fear/ I had hopes as high as Hotel Excelsior/ For years I proved my critics wrong/ that’s why I wrote this song to tell the world where I’m from cos’ I’m…….

Chorus 1x

(Bridge)
We Ipohmali baby here to show y’all what we got/
Never underestimate yourself/ cos’ you can make it/ no matter where you are/
It ain’t where you’re from but how you make it to the top/
Cos’ we are Ipohmali baby, here to show y’all what we got

To all mah’ peeps all down at JB/ Throw your hands up if y’all hear me/
To all mah cats down at KL city/ Holla at me if y’all hear me/
To all my pheng ew across the sea now/ Penang khia are y’all still down?/
And everybody across the nation/ you can make it just be patient/


(Verse 3)
Now flash forward to the present/ mah’ life at this point/
Nobody knows mah’ real name/ they all call me Point/
I’m an industry veteran/ 10 years in the game/ 3 LPs/ now that’s evidence/
I seen it all/ the ladies, the groupies, the fancy parties, award ceremonies, glory and all that money (money)/ But I learned the hard way that fame came with a price/
For Point Blanc to be more famous than Ipoh chicken rice/

(Outro singing)
Ipoh, Ipoh, if y’all afraid go call the popo/
It’s your boy Point lettin’ you know/ the hottest chink hollerin’ from Ipoh/
(Repeat 1x)

(Outro adlib)
Voyeur Records! It ain’t where you’re from/ its where you at/
So be proud of where you’re from baby, cos’ I am/

--

and limau bali rocks :-)

2 comments:

R said...

thanks for directing to my site

Azmir Ismail said...

Your welcome, dude :-)